With an impending grave shift tonight, I have spent the entire day doing nothing in dread for what is to come tonight. One pot of coffee and 6 episodes of The Sopranos later, I am only a couple hours away from going to work and I feel like a huge bum. Unable to nap (strangest thing that has happened to me in years) and bored as ever, I'm not sure how I'll make it until the 10:30 start mark or how I'll even get through the night. This must explain why I'm starting a new blog when I have nothing of importance to add....
Maybe later I'll return to this post with a thought to add and some inspiration. Until then, don't mind the useless post.
Update: I finally got a full day of sleep and I'm adjusted to the nocturnal lifestyle, just in time for my last go round on the night shift. I'm anxious and ready for 7:30 to arrive so I can sleep for a couple hours then go meet Marcel at the train station for a couple days of rest and relaxation. We're not sure what the agenda will hold, but one day we are going to take a trip to Munich to explore the zoo and spend some time in and out of various pubs and cafes. I've only really explored the night life of Munich so it will be nice to get in some day time, and to see the cute animals, of course.
Although I bash graves at every given opportunity, I do have to say that it is so great to be able to call family and friends from a land line. This means good reception and NO dropped calls. Yes, friends. ZERO dropped calls. With the exception of drunken soldiers stumbling through the lobby, I get to have uninterrupted conversations with my loved ones in the states. Tonight I called Bret and Dad. I'm so lucky to have these hilarious, amazing men in my life. Talking to either of them always makes my night 100% better and even though I usually end the call missing them more than ever, it's worth it. Dad was full of the usual funny comments and I've decided to start my own "Shit My Dad Says" book. I wish I would have had this idea years before. I would not only be laughing nonstop, but remembering all of the wise things he has told me. Gotta love the man.
No comments:
Post a Comment