Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SPRING!

The weather in Garmisch was gorgeous today.  I couldn't help but wander outside every couple hours to run these so called errands that I had.  It was even nice enough to take my old wine stained sheet out to the courtyard for some lazy grass reading/iPod listening.  Even though it was a little wet, I soaked up the sun and re-energized for my 3 day work week and upcoming trip to Florence.  My doubts about taking the Florence trip for Corinne's birthday are slowly fading.  As the departure date approaches I'm getting more and more excited.  Andrew and I made a pact that we will bring a cooler with snacks and sandwiches so we can cut on food costs.  Will we actually use the savings cooler?  Not sure, but it's a good idea.

So, back to SPRING.  It's here and I love it.

Last week I utilized the handy man down the hall and had him give my bike a tune up.  I don't know how I went so long riding it the way that it was.  It's like an entirely new bike.  Now I just need him to reinstall my mud flap so that I can cruise the mean streets of Garmisch when it rains too.  This is kind of nerdy of me, but I can't wait to have some real money so I can purchase a really nice bike.  And by really nice, I mean a couple hundred dollars worth of nice.

I forgot to mention my flight dates in my earlier blog.  Marcel and I will be arriving in Chicago on June 4th and flying back to Germany on the 14th.  10 days of Indiana/Illinois bliss.  There are so many things I want to do and see.  I already know there won't be enough time.  I hate to say it, but I might have to cut out my daily naps....

No comments:

Post a Comment