Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dino-mite!

Here I am on this cloudy Saturday afternoon, manning three different computers, answering every incoming call to the hotel, and still finding time to facebook and update the ol blog.  If you don't count the two trips to the Eurostore, it's been a pretty uneventful week around here.  Last night was a little adventure though.  A group of us hiked up the Kramerspitze, the little mountain that I can see from my Abrams window, and had a bonfire complete with hotdogs, smores, koolaid, wine, and ghost stories.  After the strenuous hike we laid out our blankets and let the boys get to tending the fire and finding our poker sticks.  Us girls sat around shivering and asking if they could move any faster haha I felt like I was 10 and camping with my Dad.  The highlight of the night was when Christina (our one friend fluent in German), Danielle, and I hiked up a little farther to use the "restroom".  Christina lost her footing and started to tumble headfirst down the hill.  It actually could have been a serious situation, but we were laughing too hard to notice.  Luckily we all made it back down the mountain in one piece...with our pants on.
Our Favorite Dino
During my spare time this morning I've also pieced together a list of traveling destinations for the next 13 months.  It's apparent that money and time are both going to be obstacles in completing the list.  Maybe I'll just have to extend my time here at Edelweiss! Just kidding, Mother! 
VERY EXCITING NEWS!  Danielle and I rearranged the furniture in our room!  I wasn't kidding when I said it had been an uneventful week.  Anyway, our room looks phenom!  We hung streamers from our wardrobes to the door and also perked up the place with dinosaur stickers! Next we just need some chairs without broken legs and we'll be the envy of the Abrams!


No comments:

Post a Comment