I found my favorite generic cereal I used to buy in Italy...SO EXCITED! Choco Croco here I come!
To my surprise I'm really enjoying my front desk position. Edelweiss is unlike the other two hotels I've worked for. Guests rarely complain, there are few maintenance issues, prices reflect military rank so they are actually fair, and everyone is more worried about doing things right rather than rushing the guest on their way. Another great thing about Edelweiss is that the front desk doesn't answer the phone. That is the responsibility of the operator and the vacation planning center (I will start working in both of those sections soon too). It's genius! You can actually assist the guest without a phone constantly ringing in the background. One strange thing I've noticed is that none of the employees seem to have any sort of customer service training that is standard to our hotel. We don't have scripted things to say when greeting guests or dealing with issues. With Crowne Plaza and Hyatt we had precise things we were supposed to say in certain situations so that all guests received the same service. I don't know if I exactly agree with the script, but it does keep the atmosphere professional. It's been a real relief working in a position I'm familiar with too. Despite all of the new military lingo and different procedures I'm very comfortable with my responsibilities.
I hate to say it, but all of the facebook updates about welcome week and Bloomington are making me miss this time of year...a lot. I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to experience Btown right now! I just have to remind myself that my surroundings are also something to be jealous of :)
Agreed! I'd rather be on the side of the Autobahn trying to flag down Heidi Klum.
ReplyDelete