![]() |
| Iceland Native, Legolas. |
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
If These Walls Could Talk
I've decided that after my Tour de la World I'm going to refrain from purchasing a car and take a stab at the biking lifestyle. I realize that this choice will limit where I'm able to live, but if I can go carless in Germany, I'm positive I can do it across the pond. I will be allowing, ehh more like forcing, myself to live a more active lifestyle without the crutch of a car and more importantly, saving on car insurance, gas and monthly payments. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on going all out and becoming a terrorist that forces my skinny tired beliefs on the rest of the petroline population (terrorist comparison compliments of the great Dave Martin...MERICA!). Germans have embraced the eco friendly lifestyle. In fact, the term ecology was coined by a German biologist way back in the 1800's. Their use of alternative energy, recycling programs, and green minded transportation is impressive and something I would like to take with me when I leave here. I may not take on the entire green mindset, but you can bet I will make a conscious effort to flip the switch when I leave the room.
The walls of 158 are never without entertainment. Danielle and I spent a good part of our evening discussing the many reasons why we could never give birth, how to go about applying for jobs at Jurassic Park, and how awesome it would be if Ryan Air had flights into middle earth so we could spend some quality time in the shire with the hobbits. Have you ever considered moving to Iceland? We have. According to an article Danielle read 58% of Iceland's residents don't deny an elvin existance and 4% flat out say that they believe in them. I could definitely handle the arctic temperatures of Iceland for a chance of spotting an Orlanda Bloom elf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment