Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's Next?

Returning to Garmisch was difficult for me this time.  I left all of the most important people to me along with any means of easy communication with them and returned to a weekend of grave shifts.  Not only do I only see a few hours of daylight when I work these shifts, I don't have the opportunity to do anything fun or spend any time with my friends.  I was slightly depressed and wishing I could be back home where things were a little bit easier.  Now that my graves are over I've snapped out of my mini depression and feel one hundred times better.  Of course I still miss my friends and family at home, but now I at least have my every day activities and schedule back where I can be a functioning member of Abrams society.
I've recently decided to switch rooms to live with another girl who works at the front desk.  The biggest perk to this new room is that the new roommate, Whitney, lives with her German boyfriend in his flat in Garmisch, so I will basically have my own room, complete with a balcony.  The downside to all of this positive news is that I have to move out of this room and go through my first divorce.  Danielle and I have acquired everything in the room together, either by splitting the costs or making deals with departing employees to get free goods.  Surprisingly, she has been very understanding about the whole "split" and I hope that good attitude transfers when moving day comes and we have to decide who gets what.  My biggest fear is losing the coffee pot.  Wish me luck.
My job search is still up in the air.  A couple days ago I found an English teaching job in Freiburg for a very well known language instruction company, Berlitz.  I'm eager to apply, but before I can do anything I have to rewrite my resume to the European format, which is called a CV or Curriculum Vitae.  This news sent my head whirling.  As soon as I accepted this job I discarded all notions of my life after the end of my contract and haven't even considered looking at my resume, let alone updating it.  To add to the overwhelming pressure of making my perfect CV there are a hand full of other documents I have to fill out and then if by chance I do get the job I am able to apply for my visa.  So many questions and so many papers to fill out.  I haven't abandoned hope on the au pair business though.  It would certainly make my life a lot easier to just move into someone's house and not have to worry about finding a flat, but au pairs don't make the best money either.  There are way too many things to consider.  For now I'll just drink my coffee and worry about my upcoming separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment