Lake Garda was a fabulous time. Although Marcel, Marcel, and I really only had one full day on the beach, we made the best of our short vaca in Italy. We made it to the small town with no problems except that in a lapse of judgement, I didn't write down the name of the campground that was recommended to us. As helpful as a GPS address is, they are pretty pointless when there are campgrounds every 10 feet. We randomly made a decision and decided to stay at..........?? And I can't remember the name of that one either, but it was a nice place. We set up camp near the beach and then the relaxation began. It was a really nice getaway with beautiful weather. Just what we all needed.
My last day of work was yesterday, so the rest of the week is full of packing, out processing, party machen, and goodbyes. It's a bittersweet separation. I'm happy that the 13 months is over though. It's time to start something new. Now on to the next year of my life.
My last day was surprisingly easy. I only had one guest that me want to rip my hair out. That is seriously a record. And I managed to make a huge fool of myself. That's pretty common practice though. Corinne found a small butterfly pin in Market Station and being the kind person that she is, she offered it to me. In celebration of my last day, I pinned it to my vest and went on with my day. It attracted a lot of attention and I was happy to say it was a gift for my last day of service. It wasn't until a small woman came up to the desk, looking worried, and asking about her good luck charm from Brussels, that I began to worry. I sheepishly pointed to the cute little guy pinned to my vest and as my face turned a dark shade of red, asked her if this was what she was talking about. It was. I was mortified, to say the least. She was very thankful that I handed it over and came back moments later to give it to me and as many times as I denied the gift she still insisted. I'm not the proud owner of a good luck butterfly pin from Brussels. Thank you, lady.
I'm off to more productive things with my day. More updates soon to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment