Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Final Countdown

24 hours until my departure to Deutschland.
I have a massive hangover and a sparkling unicorn on my chest...what happened last night?!?  The Nazi vs. Jew going away party was a shit show and I loved it!  Leave it up to Amy to throw yet another hamsliced party featuring cheese puffs and keg beer....mmmmmmm my favorites!
Bringing myself to face "the packing room" today is going to be a difficult task to say the least.  I still haven't finished loading up my suitcase that will inevitably weigh more than 50 lbs and I'm overwhelmed at the thought of trying to plan what I could possibly need for the next 13 months.  Hopefully I don't underpack like I did for Italy...I sure did get good use out of those white tees that summer.
More overwhelming than packing is having to say goodbye to all of the friends who have become family to me over the years.  After leaving Amy's house this morning it really sunk in that I won't be seeing most of them for over a year.  Moving on and becoming a real adult is not something I've been looking forward to, the college lifestyle has been too good to me and I hate to let it go.  Four years ago I never thought my time at IU would actually come to an end.  Now that the era is winding down I'm getting nostalgic and depressed about it.  You better believe that I'll be the annoying alum well into my 40's at Sports stealing shot glasses and ordering breadsticks.
Ricky Shaw (yeeeeeah) was an unexpected sad goodbye.  Who woulda thought that that fool would grow on me so quickly?  Hey, they say you'll find it when you're not looking...thanks a lot, overused cliche.  Anyway, enough being sad. BUT I do want to let all of my friends know how much I appreciate them.  Even Allyson who I'm sure will find a way to wake me up from my daily naps in Germany :)
With my final hours counting down I am beyond excited....Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment