Friday, October 14, 2011

Pac(wo)Man

What do you do when something is too overwhelming?  Procrastinate with a post.

At this very moment I am attempting to pack up the last 15 months of my life.  Everything was going great until I came upon the stein full of momentos from the last year.  I had my hands full with everything imaginable;  a wine cork from Spain, a match box from my first road trip with Marcel, the stolen butterfly from my last shift at Edelweiss, a Service Credit Union chapstick, an impromptu door opener from my first weekend in Freiburg, a set of pictures from Berlin, a gel pen Danielle's mom sent in a Christmas package, and many other insignificant significant things, when I dropped them all and had to sit down for a minute.  I didn't realize all of these little things would have such an impact on me. 

Ok, obviously this is a really emotional time for me.  But really, why didn't someone warn me?  And why didn't someone tell me that 3 suitcases was definitely not going to be enough.  Do you know that it costs 36 euro to ship anything 5kg and under to the U.S.? 

One suitcase to go.  Wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment