Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update

I know it's been almost a full month since my last post.  I've had way too many things going on and although I have had a few open hours to sit down and blog, it seemed like too much of a task.  So to pick up where I left off......

My last weeks in Freiburg were amazing.  I took a day trip by myself to Basel Switzerland where I exited the train and walked the streets with zero direction.  It was a fun day with lots and lots of walking.  Surprisingly, I didn't feel lost, maybe just misdirected a few times.  Then a road trip with Marcel for a week long of birthday celebrating that included a Dortmund match, a couple nights in Hamburg, Hannover zoo, and a night in our favorite guest house in Sinsheim.  It all concluded with a tearful goodbye in the Stuttgart airport.  I couldn't have asked for a better end to my European adventure. 

In my two weeks back in the states I've acquired the necessities; lodging and a job (pending drug test).  Everything is falling into place.  I accepted a position at the Sheraton at Keystone at the Crossing as a front desk agent.  I was so ready to be finished with front desk, but this property seems like a great fit and the whole HR department is aware that I'm eager to advance and go into a supervisory role.  Not to mention, it's a great location and only about a 15 minute drive from the townhouse.  Apart from the job I've landed two great roommates and an amazing little four legged friend.  Copper, Chris's dog, is the best and we've become exclusive cuddle buddies.  Don't tell Chris, but I think he likes me better. 

Being back has been great.  I've had the chance to reconnect with a lot of friends that I thought had forgotten about me.  It feels so amazing to get phone calls and texts, it's like I'm the functioning social person I used to be.  Just this week I spent a night in Bloomington with Kassy, met Alex for dinner (she lives ten minutes from me!), lunch with Rachel, had Randy over for some drinks, and tonight Bret and I will go to comedy club downtown to see Jerrod Carmichael.  Although I miss a lot of things about Germany, one person especially, it's a relief to be near my friends and family. 

It was a hard decision to come home, but I think it was the right one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment